Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tea Infusor

Just a little something I have been working on in the studio... This is my first attempt at anything related to the table- its a tea infuser. I fabricated this piece to enter an exhibition that will show during the 2010 SNAG Conference in Houston. I know the competition will be fierce, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but had to try!
I wanted the piece to be simple, and carry on the same designs and techniques I usually use in my work-marriage of metals, mokume gane... The parts swivel on a wire rivet, but I think I will change this to a tube rivet, for strength and appearance.
Now I just need to decide on the blend of tea to try it out with! (and the right mug, all my ceramicist friends!) You can click on the images to get a better look...


5 x 1.25 x 1.25"

No comments:

Post a Comment