Sunday, November 22, 2009

DC Craft Show Artists...

I collected cards from people I talked to at the show. There was so much to see, so much that I really enjoyed. As I sifted through the cards I had collected to look at web pages, I found that some of the artists did not have websites. Some did, but were not updated with current works, and some people were linked onto the webpages of the galleries or art centers they were a part of. I had always just assumed that artists in shows such as this one were fully linked on the web. It seems as though I'm not the only artist craftsperson without a website after all. As I continue to contemplate and organize for my own fully functional site, check out the work of some of the artists showing in DC:

Carolyn Morris Bach- a jeweler creating intricate and whimsical pieces with precious stones and metals, depicting animals, plant forms- stunning work

Jeong Ju Lee- she is a resident at Penland, and works in metal

Sandra Byers- a sculptural ceramicist who works in porcelain

Linda Kindler- Priest- a jeweler creating delicate forms depicting animals through chasing and repousse on gold, coupled with precious stones.

Jaclyn Davidson- a metalsmith who currently works with blacksmithing techniques to create jewelry, embellished with gold and diamonds

Scott Nelles- a foundry worker who creates whimsical, humorous functional sculpture

Robert Farrell- a metalsmith creating functional and non- functional work, jewelry

Myung Urso- a fiber artist and metalsmith, who stitches hand dyed, printed fabrics and thread to metal frameworks for the body

Baharal- Gnida- a team of two that create gorgeous jewelry, structural and seductive to the eye

Biba Schutz- a metalsmith creating for the body, patinated, bold designs

Jennifer Falter- a ceramicist from Springfield, MO, creating simple forms of white clay, then coating with black slip. she carves through the black slip to reveal designs of flora and fauna.

Check these guys and gals out- you won't be disappointed. I am so inspired by these people and what they can accomplish with their hands. Time to get my hands busy in the studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment